Calling all artists!
Exhibit Your Art at Groundswell
Groundswell believes in supporting local businesses and people, and this includes our local artists!
Every 2-3 months, we invite new artists to display their work in the cafe. Exhibits could be anything from paintings and drawings to photographs and fiber arts. Artists can have a whole gallery display to themselves, or we can accommodate a school or community group exhibition.
What Can I Exhibit?
Most forms of visual art are accepted for exhibition at Groundswell, including but not limited to:
- Drawings, paintings, and prints
- Fiber arts
- Other creative two-dimensional artwork that can hang on our displays
Hold Your Own Art Exhibition
Want to see your art displayed at Groundswell Cafe? Here’s how:
- Choose a theme for your exhibit. What type of artwork do you plan to show?
- Select a few pieces to submit for review, or put together an online portfolio.
- Write an artist statement and a short biography.
- Contact us or call 319-362-2214 to set up a time to discuss your exhibit proposal.
- If selected, complete and submit a Groundswell Exhibition Agreement. We will then discuss which months you will display your art and plan a day to put up your exhibition.
- Decide whether you want to have an opening reception. Learn about renting our space.
- Get your artwork ready for display. All pieces must have hanging hardware when you arrive to put up your exhibition.
Selling your art
You’re welcome to sell your art at Groundswell, although it is not required. If you do plan to sell, Groundswell asks for a 20% commission from each sale to support our nonprofit cafe’s daily activities. Please provide a price list and a way to mark the prices of individual pieces, such as slips of paper that can be displayed near each piece.